I submit this waiver/usage agreement on behalf of myself, OR as the legal guardian of the minor named above (hereinafter referred to as the PARTICIPANT) who is/will be visiting or participating in an ice program or private ice rental at the WEST KELOWNA HOCKEY CENTRE (hereinafter referred to as the WKHC).
IN SUBMITTING THIS AGREEMENT, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I am the PARTICIPANT listed above or the LEGAL GUARDIAN of the child listed as the PARTICIPANT above and have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Usage Agreement, understand it and agree to it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least nineteen (19) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
I hereby release, waive, discharge the West Kelowna Hockey Centre, its owners, employees and agents, successors from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of, or related to any loss, damage, liabilities, expenses, costs, illness (including COVID-19) or injury, or death, that may be sustained by any participant or guest or to any property belonging to me, while participating in such activity, while in, on or upon the premises where the activities are being conducted, regardless of whether such loss is caused by the negligence of the releasees, or otherwise and regardless of whether such liability arises in tort, contract, strict liability, or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
As, or on behalf of the PARTICIPANT, I agree to the following facility usage conditions:
- Entry is not permitted to anyone who is ill, experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19 virus symptoms, or has been exposed to anyone experiencing symptoms, is in a high-risk group, has travelled out of the country, is awaiting COVID test results or has participated in unsafe, unmasked, unvaccinated gatherings.
- To enter facility all persons must be masked and have submitted an online waiver in advance.
- To enter facility everyone 12 yrs+ must present their BC Vaccine Card proving they are fully vaccinated (received two doses of an approved Covid 19 vaccine), those 18+ must also present Gov't Photo ID.
- Facility is currently closed to spectators until further notice.
- Participants are to line up physically distanced outside. Doors will open 20 minutes prior to ice time for youth groups & 30 minutes prior for adults groups. Vaccine passports & ID will be checked prior to entry. Masks must be worn.
- Arrive on time! Once session starts, doors are locked. Staff will not be opening doors for late arrivals.
- Participant must use wall-mounted hand sanitizer upon entry & exit.
- Participant will make their way, single-file distanced, to their assigned dressing room as physical distancing is required inside and outside our facility.
- No spitting at any time.
- Sharing of water bottles or equipment is prohibited. No food is permitted inside the building other than in specifically designated food areas.
- Participant must maintain discipline and ensure appropriate conduct while using the facility. Vandalism, abuse of staff and volunteers and any behaviour that is disruptive to other users and employees, or is in any way inappropriate or in violation of the policies will not be tolerated and users will also be held liable for any damage to the facility or its equipment resulting from negligent use, irresponsible behaviour or violations of any of the policies outlined here by the user(s) or any individuals associated with his/her party. This policy extends to the family members, siblings and friends/associates of the participant attending the facility during, before or after, the user’(s) allotted rental period. Siblings are not permitted in the dressing room areas. Children may not be dropped off and left at the facility without an adult from their group present & must be supervised in the facility at all times.
- Participant is required to wear full equipment including a CSA approved helmet at all times while on the ice & bench.
- Participant is required to carry up-to-date private or government health insurance.
- Groups must provide a reliable adult (19 yrs+) to be personally responsible for the group observing all policies.
- Groups must provide a safety person/first aid attendant and/or supplies for group.
- Participant must follow all safety protocol.
- Participant must not enter the ice surface until the designated rental start time and promptly leave the ice surface at the designated rental end time. Participant must leave the ice surface during ice cleans and remain off the ice surface until after the Zamboni has left the ice and the arena gates have been closed. Water bottles and other equipment must not be left on the boards while the Zamboni is conditioning the ice.
- Participant must vacate dressing rooms 15 mins following ice session. (Showers are currently closed)
- Group Manager must Inspect the premises and equipment on each occasion, before commencing use of the premises, and notify the Rink Attendant of any condition that may render the premises or equipment unsafe for use.
- Participant must keep and maintain rented areas in a clean and tidy condition at all times. Garbage and other materials brought on site by the participant are expected to be removed from the building or disposed of appropriately in a garbage can or recycling container. Failure to do so will result in an additional fee for maintenance. Equipment and other items left behind by participants are subject to disposal by WKHC staff. The WKHC is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged articles resulting from use of the facility and we will not be maintaining lost and found services at this time.
- Personal chairs are not permitted inside the facility.
- The WKHC is a clean facility. Smoking/Vaping/Alcohol/Drugs are not permitted anywhere on the grounds and use or consumption of any is strictly prohibited at all times. Participant will be held responsible for any liability resulting from the consumption of alcohol/drugs/cigarettes/vape by any persons connected or associated with their group.
- The WKHC reserves the right, without notice, to refuse entry, service, eject and/or suspend temporarily or permanently, at its discretion and without compensation or reimbursement any user of the facility, for behaviour that is disrespectful, disruptive, abusive and/or poses a danger to staff, other players, officials and/or other users/customers/guests and/or poses a risk of damage to the facility and/or its equipment.
- Participant agrees to grant and release to the WKHC the right to use photographs, audio tapes, and/or videotapes in which I and/or my children and my guests appear in any materials such as videos, films, recordings, still photographs or articles relating to the WKHC including, but not limited to, brochures, newsletters, annual reports or any other advertising and/or promotional materials whether broadcast on television, radio or any other medium.
- Participant wishing to photograph, videotape or live stream inside the facility must receive written (email) approval in advance by the General Manager.
- Vacate parking lot promptly.
Rules relating to the pandemic are in effect during the period that the WKHC determines it necessary to have in place in order to minimize the transmission of the COVID-19 virus in our facility. These rules will be strictly enforced. Customers and their guests violating any of these rules may be subject to immediate expulsion from the facility and possible future suspension. The WKHC is a private facility and may implement policies in addition to Government restrictions and may choose to extend restrictions at its discretion, even after Government restrictions have been lifted.
By clicking the submit button below, I agree to the above waiver/usage agreement.